Friday, September 11, 2015

Weigh In Friday - Do you puree?

Lately I've become interested in drinking pureed stuff. It started with checking out a Low Acid Diet cookbook and I noticed a number of pureed drinks. I haven't tried making any blended drinks myself because number one, my blender is old and dirty and number two, I don't know what and how much of the ingredients I should put in the blender. Okay, who am I kidding? It's the washing up I really hate.

One day I walked past a smoothie bar, Bounce and I ordered Berry Manilow. Its main drink is apple juice which you may probably already know is extremely good for a stomach like mine. Apples and apple juice have this calming effect on me. In fact after discovering this amazing effect (thanks Serene!), I have made it a habit to drink one glass of apple juice in the morning. Berry Manilow costs $5.90 which is a bit expensive for a glass of juice. To make up for it, other ingredients are added. Of course not having to do any washing up is the best part about buying your smoothie. And the handsome staff at Bounce gave me a bright big smile and asked me to enjoy my drink! Yes, yes, I know he says it to everyone.

While haunting the supermarkets, I came across nudie. It costs $2.90 each for 250ml. I thought of having these smoothies for breakfast. It has been quite pathetic for me breakfast wise because there is a shortage of oat milk in my area. Apparently I have bought up all the supplies. Until new stock comes in or I travel further to another supermarket to lug home a few cartons, I have been quite lost without my oat milk. Anyway, I soon realised that having nudie for breakfast just won't do because I already have one glass of apple juice early in the morning. So I saved nudie for a snack in the afternoon. I tried the cranberry raspberry first. It was too sweet for me. I don't think I will buy it again. The green nudie I was almost too afraid to try. I am not a fan of green juice. When I finally braved it, I was right. It tasted horrid. Like something had died inside.

I will make up my mind and buy a blender soon. Hopefully I can make my own smoothie and you can be sure I won't add in any green vegetables!

Remember my quinoa craze last week? I tried a quinoa with cauliflower and salmon at Grill Knife, Union. Wow. It was super not nice. The cauliflower totally ruined the quinoa. Plus the cook couldn't get the salmon right either. I get so angry when salmon tastes lousy. It rarely happens.

I wasn't very adventurous with food this week. I stuck mostly to my safe food. Now that I rarely suffer from headaches, I FEAR eating the wrong food that will trigger the headaches. It's really nice living without headaches. Is this what it feels like for everyone else? I like it. I super like it.

Last week I said I will try rice? I chickened out. However, this morning I tried bread. (with blueberry jam) I'm quite sick of eating potatoes. I bought a loaf of high protein, low carbs bread which I hope will not give me any problems. My body has already gotten used to eating very little carbs and I no longer feel hungry frequently. My energy level is quite high and I don't feel lethargic. But it's nice to be able to eat a sandwich with bread, not leaves like a normal human being.

Once I started feeling better, I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. My desire for crisps was a record high this week. I ate half a bag of sweet potato chips before I remembered to take a photo. There is a slight sweet taste in the crisp that I do not quite like. Having said that, I would buy this snack again. It's only 3 bucks. I did feel very guilty after eating half a bag of sweet potato crips. Then the next day, I promptly finished the rest of it. I think snacking is a very bad habit that is very hard to break. Once you start, there's no turning back.

Remember this bag of Lisa's potato chips I bought and was saving for Polling Day (today)? I opened it a few days ago. No worries about me overeating these because the smell is really horrible. I think it's like very old sunflower oil kind of smell. The taste is alright if you can get past the smell.

Yesterday I bought another bag of potato chips and this time I decided to try Freedom. It's very expensive (over $5) and as much as I enjoyed them, I don't think I will eat these very often. The taste? It's like very pure potato chips without any seasoning. I like these more than the sweet potato crisps.

I had my eye on these crackers for a while and hubs bought them for me and my girl to try. Big mistake. It was like eating a cracker soaked in soy sauce. I checked the label and it contained 2 taste enhancer. For a food item that is gluten-free, baked, not fried and 99% fat free, what's the point of adding flavour enhancer? (E627 & E631) So stupid, right?

By the way, in case you're wondering, I don't have a gluten problem. I just want to avoid food with unnecessary food additives.

I haven't been good with my exercise again. No running due to the haze. Hubs got me a fit bit zip which I wear around my neck on a chain. Previously I used a phone app to track my steps. But on my phone, the app won't track my steps unless I have the app open. I often forget to turn on the app plus the app drains my battery. Anyway, hubs finally got sick of hearing me rant about the app and got me the fit bit zip. I still have to remember to wear it or my steps don't get tracked. I've realised my phone app is a lot more generous in counting my steps. On my fit bit zip, you have to work much harder to get your steps counted. The target is 10,000 steps. Let me tell you, 10,000 steps is pretty hard to achieve. I've only hit it twice. If I don't get my 10,000 steps I still try to reach 8,000 steps. Having to stay indoors because of the haze, I have resorted to skipping to stay fit. Skipping is tiring. And boring. What else can I do at home to stay fit? I hope no one suggests housework! Next week if the haze clears I would like to start running again.


This morning I weighed myself and was surprised to see a loss. I am 57.1kg. Considering all the junk food I have been eating, it doesn't feel right. Well, I did buy low-fat junk food if there's such a thing!

Last Friday I weighed 57.8kg. This means I lost 700g this week and a grand total of 5kg 900g since 21st July 2015. I am just 100g away from my target weight! Wished I had pooped before I weighed myself.

11th Sep 2015 - 57.1kg
4th Sep 2015 - 57.8kg
28th Aug 2015 - 58kg
21st Aug 2015 - 58.8kg
14th Aug 2015 - 58.9kg
7th Aug 2015 - 59.9kg
21st July 2015 - 63kg

So far I think I've been having a relatively easy time losing weight. At first, it was due to my inability to eat much food and also, I ate very little carbs. As my digestive system is much healthier now thanks to potent probiotics and I want to credit apple juice as well, I am slowly reintroducing carbs back. This means I will definitely start to gain back my weight and I realise it's going to be a difficult task to keep my weight at 57kg on a diet with carbs. I don't have any idea how to maintain my current weight and still enjoy my life eating tasty food. Right now I'm just going by trial and error. Ideally I would like to continue with a low-carbs diet with plenty of fruits and veges (yes, I'll get my seafood and chicken as well) and at least some exercise. 

1 comments:

Chris H said...

I have started snacking again, which is BAD.
I have a Fitbit Flex, and average about 6,000 steps a day. Not ideal, but better than what I was doing!
You could try running up and down the stairs for exercise!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2