Friday, September 18, 2015

Weigh In Friday - Fat Girl Trying To Escape

What a week. Singapore was shrouded with haze, pretty much at unhealthy level most of the days. Today it has gotten better but since it's all dependent on the wind direction, I don't really get too excited. I'm just pissed that where I live in the western part of Singapore, we seem to be the worst hit. In case you're wondering, the haze is coming from illegal land burning in Indonesia. Since this happens every year, we pretty much know this. Indonesia has no control over preventing land burning. It's as impossible a task as getting our locals to stop burning incense in public places.

With the stupid haze at unhealthy level, I did not venture out much. I was so good I didn't even go to my balcony! It was also an excuse for me not to exercise. This week was the first week of school after a 1 week school break. It usually means my sleep pattern is all weird. I sleep 3 or 4 hours at night (because I can't sleep) and I make up for it with a long nap in the afternoon. Then night comes and I can't sleep again. I am tired and lethargic and unproductive. I hope I get out of this funk. It's too tiring to be awake.
 

I tried white bread - burger buns and paired it with the worst meat ever, luncheon meat. It was delicious but sadly, I don't think my stomach likes it. The low carb, high protein bread my stomach prefers is simply not delicious. Too chewy for my taste.

You know how I've become obsessed with looking for alternative food? It turns out I'm doing something right.


Yesterday I was at the hospital for a prick test and the nurse talked to me a little bit about my diet. In case you're wondering, a prick test is not painful at all. Two sets of plastic pricks are pressed against my forearm and I wait 20 minutes for my skin to react. It feels a little itchy at first but nothing bad at all. I am allergic to pollen and cockroaches. I have always known I react to pollen as my skin swells up if I exercise early in the morning or late in the evening. I also react horribly to products that contain tea tree oil and aloe vera. But cockroaches? That was a surprise. Anyway, the nurse said that my sensitivity could come from the food I eat. After learning about my bloating and headaches, she suggest that I don't eat the same kind of food every day. Instead I should eat the same food once every five days. It sounds so complex I feel I need to read up more on this food rotation. Has anyone done this food rotation thing?

Now that I have a legit reason to look for alternative food, I don't feel so crazy lurking at supermarkets.

Have you tried this 7 grain drink? It's very, very pleasant. I could drink the whole carton in a day. Originally I bought it for my cereal but they don't seem to go well together.

One of the reasons I gained weight in the past was my weakness for biscuits. Looks like the fat girl in me is trying to escape again! I tried Rotondo biscuits this week and fell in love immediately. Love at first bite. These are too delicious to be healthy. I bought these for breakfast but ended up eating them all day. They aren't entirely fat free so I had better watch out.

I tried another brand of sweet potato chips and it's again delicious. Finished the whole bag in a few minutes. Help! My girl has become influenced by me and bought some chips which are gluten-free and she said I could share them with her. Unfortunately they tasted good so I had to get her to prevent me from eating them. I'll confess. This morning while my girl was in school, I searched everywhere for them. She hid them so well I couldn't find them. I'm so out of control. Can you picture it? Me with a crazed look turning the flat upside down for a bag of chips. When she returned home from school, I asked her where she hid the chips and it turned out she had eaten them all! Now that's a great hiding place - in her stomach.

My stomach has been feeling really good of late and I'm no longer satisfied with a light breakfast. The old hungry Jane is back. I bought these multigrain O's with quinoa and hit jackpot. These are a lot more filling than the kamut, wasa or buckwheat puffs. However, they are not delicious. Not horrible, just very bland. So no worries I gorge on them.


I bought these buckwheat spirals as my alternative pasta and I'll be frank. They don't look good. I was quite apprehensive about eating them. They take a lot longer to cook than regular pasta.

This week when I cooked seafood pasta for my kids, I made buckwheat spirals for myself and I have to declare they are delicious. I think the spirals without any sauce wouldn't taste good but with the sauce, they tasted no different from regular pasta. Success! Buckwheat spirals are filling so I'm careful not to eat too much. In case you're wondering, I cooked the sauce with olive oil, garlic, canned tomatoes and a bunch of seafood. My girl who doesn't like to eat much carbo had 2 helpings of the pasta so I'm going to say my cooking has improved!

Yesterday I felt so fantastic I decided to try white rice. The main reason I want to try white rice is to make life easier when I go out to eat as most restaurants serve rice instead of potatoes. Unfortunately, my stomach reacted badly. My stomach almost blew up. This is the first time my stomach hurt so badly I thought I would die. Luckily my daughter is very skilled at massaging her mama and she managed to beat all the wind out.

I was expecting a weight gain this week with all the biscuits and chips. Oh, I haven't confessed to drinking two cups of sweet tea a day plus I had Mr Bean ice cream twice. Ugh. I almost wanted to skip a weigh-in because I didn't want to know how much weight I had gained.

Much to my surprise, I have registered a loss. Last week my weight was 57.1kg. This morning I weighed 56.4kg. Actually when I first read the scales, my brain thought it was 57.4kg because I was convinced I had gained weight. All that sweet food and chips and zero exercise and I lost 700g. Something must be wrong with the machine! Am I not eating enough?

18th Sep 2015 - 56.4kg
11th Sep 2015 - 57.1kg
4th Sep 2015 - 57.8kg
28th Aug 2015 - 58kg
21st Aug 2015 - 58.8kg
14th Aug 2015 - 58.9kg
7th Aug 2015 - 59.9kg
21st July 2015 - 63kg

Anyway I have discovered where my weight loss has occurred - me boobs! I have gone down one bra size. You know what this means? I need to make a trip to the teen section in the lingerie department. My tummy has grown fatter. My skirts feel tight again. I need to get back to exercising my tummy. Why am I so lazy? I have no discipline.

Next week I can afford to gain 600g. Will I go crazy and buy more biscuits? And somebody please stop me from going to Mr Bean for the ice-cream again.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2