Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Flower-flower

Hello my friends!

I haven't posted for a while. Usually after a craft market sale, I would give myself a 1 or 2 day break from sewing. This inevitably turns into a 1 week break. Yep, the same thing happened again. It's not that I need such a long break. It's just that I can't get back into my sewing mode. However much I tried, I just wasn't in the mood to make anything.

Me hubs kept saying to me: I don't see you sewing.

You may not know this but me hubs nag is worse than his bite. To avoid listening to his naggs, I pretended to sew. Yes, I'm so pathetic. I would sit at my sewing table with my fabric laid out nicely. And I would do something else like read. Once he's gone to work, I would stop pretending to sew and watch my Law and Order Season 17. This went on for a week. Funnily enough, while I was pretending to be busy with my creations, I ended up with some applique shapes which I like a lot. Yes, one of my pretend sewing was cutting fabric. With these applique shapes I decided I would make a few denim zip pouches with my last bit of denim.

Here they are, my pretend denim zip pouches. Please forgive the quality of the photos. I was very hungry when I took them and the sun was setting really fast.
Bendy flower.
Tall flower.
Big headed flower. I've made a similar one before.
I surrender flower. 
I started with the heart and thought it would look so great as an alien looking flower that's surrendering.
Heart petals.

Oh, I don't want anyone to say to me: So flower-flower.

I have news. I'll be selling my bags THIS WEEKEND at a new place. Details below:

Open Doors Weekend Market
Orchard Central (next to 313@Somerset)
Saturday and Sunday, 4th & 5th Sep
11am-8pm both days

I've never sold here before but it's indoors so no worries about rain, sun or wind. It's a good thing my sewing mojo is back because I just counted my stock and I had a grand total of 4 bags and 2 pouches left after my SAM sale. This is so insane. I have just a few days to increase my stock. See ya. Gotta go sew.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I love those pouches! So pretty! Makes me want to try my hand at applique.

tamdoll said...

Good luck increasing your supplies in time! I pretend, too sometimes. Sort of. Say I'm tired, need a nap to get enough energy to work and then go sneak off to read. I hope our guys don't read these things!

I liked your description of the last fair you sold at - I think I would have worn earplugs. The best part is, that you sold alot. Congrats!

Chris H said...

I think the flowers are adorable! I hope the new selling venue goes well.

Jenny said...

Lovely denim pouches Jane, they look such fun! Good luck with your sales.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2