Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Flights of fancy makes

Hello,

I know I'm not imagining this. I know I'm awake and typing out this blog post. But in my head, I'm fast asleep. For the past two weeks, I have not been able to have a proper sleep. My sleep pattern is all screwed up and I just can't fix it. If I go to sleep at night at a normal time, I will wake up many times during the night. Eventually I'll fall into a deep sleep but that's when I need to wake up to prepare breakfast for the kids. During the day I struggle to stay awake. Finally I cave in or should I say unconsciousness overcame me. The nap I take will interfere with my night sleep again. I have an idea why my sleep pattern is all wrong. I have been taking panadols again as I am being attacked by little headaches every day. These shitty little headaches are always there but most of the time they don't get so bad that you'll run to a hospital to get your head checked out. I almost wish they were migraines. Yes, now I think I'm a little insane. Wishing they were migraines. Well, at least with migraines they eventually go away. Completely. With these little headaches, they are always hanging around. You never feel too ill but you don't feel great either. Such a pain. I feel like I'm suspended somehow. Waiting for it to be over with.

On top of that I have weird food cravings and repulsions. For a while I would only eat tuna sandwiches. Then I got turned off tuna and would only eat fruits. This week I'm finally able to eat proper meals again. Interestingly, I did not lose any weight at all. Must be all the sugar in the fruits.

Anyway, why the long story? Well, it's to "justify" why I have only managed to make a few items for my next craft market this weekend. Do you agree that I often come up with such elaborate excuses to explain my laziness? But rest assured my mind and heart were willing.


Today I want to show you the three items I made from this fabulous Flights of fancy fabric Mandy gave me. In my opinion, this fabric has everything I love in a fabric. Birds, flowers, leaves, butterflies, dragonflies and post office stamp. If I were to design a fabric, that's more or less the ingredients for me.


I thought this fabric looked so fantastic on the shoulder bag. It looks so cheery, doesn't it?  Inside are two pockets, one of which is zipped. I hadn't made zip pockets for quite a while and initially I thought I had forgotten how to make one. But it seems it's like riding a bike, though some of you might disagree! (I'm getting a good giggle thinking most of you would disagree)


Next I made a pleated wristlet. Hubs says the fabric print hides the pleats. Generally I dislike pleats on zippers due to the bulk. But I had this amount of fabric and I just didn't want to have like 2 inches of fabric gone to waste.


I couldn't resist making a zip pouch as well. Honestly, making zip pouches is quite therapeutic. 

This weekend's craft market will be my last one for a while as I plan to take a break. So if you want to buy something from me, do come down to Vivocity on 27th or 28th July. Details below.


6 comments:

Anna said...

I really like this fabric too. I hope you are sleeping better.

Bethany said...

Ooo Jane I love that fabric!
Also--I read food cravings and repulsions as "foot cravings and repulsions." I thought "WTF?" and went back to reread. Silly me. And here I was going to start worrying about you :)
And to me summer is synonymous with headaches. I detest it. I was certainly made for cooler climes.

Karen said...

Hi Jane
Well I have been getting those little headaches and odd sleeping pattern too, but not as bad as you. I blame the weather!
Love the fabric, love sharing your world by blog, enjoy your break!

Aunty Stitches said...

Hi Jane
Well I have been getting those little headaches
and odd sleeping pattern too, but not as bad
as you. I'm in England and I blame the weather!

Love the fabric, love sharing your world by blog, enjoy
your break!

pennydog said...

Might be worth going to see the doctor if it carries on? My OH gets migraines and he loses the ability to speak properly (he invents words) and that's pretty awful but there's not really a lot he can do for it other than stop eating chocolate! Get well soon.

Chris H said...

Little headaches. Food cravings/revulsions? You ain't pregnant by any chance?
OK I'm joking... go to the Dr if they continue. You can't keep feeling so yuk every day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2