Friday, August 14, 2015

Weigh In Friday - Which part of me has lost the fats?


Yep, I still have gastristis and still have to avoid most food humans eat. This week, I tried to vary my diet a little as I got totally sick of eating very bland food. John West's tuna and Kallo rice cakes seem to agree with my stomach so I've had them twice this week. The rice cakes taste like cardboard! When will my stomach allow me to eat rice, noodles and bread again?

I missed having cereal for breakfast so I had puffed kamut with oatmilk. I got a little bloating afterwards but it was worth it. I used to snack on puffed kamuts in my previous life!

This week I also tried eating more for lunch but it hasn't been smooth sailing. My stomach still likes small meals and every time I eat more, the excessive bloating feels too overwhelming. The good news is I don't get as many headaches. Outside food is still a big problem. Yesterday I ventured out to eat. All I had was a bowl of chicken soup and I only had 1/4 of the soup and some of the chicken. Maybe it was too oily. Whatever. It's always a mystery to me. I suffered from bloating and a big fat headache for hours. It wasn't even delicious.

Enough about my food struggles. Remember in this post I threatened to weigh myself every Friday and announce it to the whole world? Well I'm carrying out that threat.

This morning I weighed myself and I weigh 58.9kg.

Last Friday I weighed 59.9kg. This means I have lost 1kg since last Friday and a grand total of 4kg 100g since 21st July this year.


14th Aug 2015 - 58.9kg
7th Aug 2015 -   59.9kg
21st July 2015 -  63kg

I've decided to use this bottle instead of a jar to keep the marbles representing my weight loss because it's just the right size to fill up to the total amount of weight I want to lose. 10 more marbles go in today. Hopefully I never have to take out any of the marbles.

I've been busy examining myself to find out where my weight loss is most noticeable.
1. My wrists. Of all places! I already have thin wrists so I would appreciate if they don't get thinner.
2. My shoulders. Again, this is an area I don't wish to lose weight.
3. My chest. Here I have a dilemma. I want to keep the boobs but lose the fats especially at the side. When I wear my bra, I don't like to see fats bulging out of my bra straps. This is why I avoid wearing thin t-shirts. I'm happy to report that the fats at the side has decreased a little. I may have sacrificed a bit of boobs too.
4. My tummy. I have a huge tummy. I think most women do! It's like I'm carrying a layer of fats around. I have lost a little in this area but it's not enough. I think some toning exercises is required.
5. My butt. I kinda "feel" there's some fats lost. I'm actually happy with my butt and don't want them to be too thin as I think a fleshy butt looks nicer in jeans and shorts.
6. My thighs don't seem to have lost any weight at all. I've always had fat thighs even when I was thin.

By the way, hubs don't seem to have noticed my weight loss. He said I look the same!!!!!!!

My fitness this week was low. I only attempted to run once and after getting all dressed, I went downstairs and it started raining. But I made up for it with a lot of walking. I wasn't very consistent with my Pilates either so I need to keep to a routine.

Next week I hope to maintain this weight. My focus though is on having a healthier diet without bloating and headaches. 

2 comments:

Linda said...

You seem to be doing really well with your weight loss. We weigh in pounds and ounces here and I have lost 2 lbs. this week. Not a lot, but on the right track. I have several food allergies that make it hard for me to cut back. (I can't have eggs or seafood for instance. I could never survive in Singapore! I even have to watch what's in my vitamins.)
I think we have many more choices available here in the States for substituting foods, so it is easier to make better choices. Too bad Americans are known for making POOR food choices and getting fat!
Keep up the good work!

Linda said...

You seem to be doing really well with your weight loss. We weigh in pounds and ounces here and I have lost 2 lbs. this week. Not a lot, but on the right track. I have several food allergies that make it hard for me to cut back. (I can't have eggs or seafood for instance. I could never survive in Singapore! I even have to watch what's in my vitamins.)
I think we have many more choices available here in the States for substituting foods, so it is easier to make better choices. Too bad Americans are known for making POOR food choices and getting fat!
Keep up the good work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2