Friday, October 30, 2015

Weigh In Friday - Counting Sheep

I had intended to stop writing my Friday's post because I felt I had nothing to post about. I thought doing it once a month would be an alternative. My girl has been reading my posts so I asked her if she would be disappointed if I don't write my Weigh In Friday today. Yep, she would. So I decided to carry on... This one's for you, my darling daughter!

Part of the (secret) reason why I wanted to skip my Friday's post was I didn't want to find out how much weight I have gained over the past 7 days. I believed I have gained weight again based on my amount of inactivity, food intake and tightness of my shorts.

First thing this morning, I stepped on the scale and horrors! The scale read 58.9kg. Much to my relief, the word ERR came on. Wow, I almost fainted. I stepped off the scale and stepped on again. Then I stepped off and on again. And again.

My weight is 56.5kg. That's the same as last Friday's weight. So I haven't gained any weight. I'm glad I have Friday's post to reel me in. If only my weighing scale will stop screwing with me. I could get a heart attack.

30th Oct 2015 56.5kg
23rd Oct 2015 - 56.5kg
16th Oct 2015 - 56kg
9th Oct 2015 - 55.9kg
2nd Oct 2015 - 56kg
25th Sep 2015 - 55.9kg
18th Sep 2015 - 56.4kg
11th Sep 2015 - 57.1kg
4th Sep 2015 - 57.8kg
28th Aug 2015 - 58kg
21st Aug 2015 - 58.8kg
14th Aug 2015 - 58.9kg
7th Aug 2015 - 59.9kg
21st July 2015 - 63kg

The last 7 days I did try to improve my diet but I failed miserably at exercising. I've even stopped haunting the supermarkets. I think I reached a point where I'm too tired of my gut condition. On reflection though, there were other issues which affected my state of mind. Firstly, my kids got sick. My daughter is in the middle of her national exam so her being sick really stressed me out. Then my son also got sick. His national exam starts Monday. I'm also terrified I forget to wake my kids in the morning on days when they have exams. Plus my sleep has been horrible. It all started on Sunday.


I had chicken for lunch and dinner. First, a grilled chicken with salad. Then a delicious salt baked chicken with potato wedges. Oh, I had some beef goulash too. I walked over 11,000 steps that day so I don't think I overate. Anyway, at night I had the biggest stomachache ever. My tummy expanded horribly with wind and I had a hard time expelling them. I came so close to asking hubs to take me to the hospital but by some luck, I expelled the trapped air causing the pain and suddenly it was over. This was my 2nd bad tummy pain and I didn't want to experience a third. I felt I had no choice but to take the wind medication. I take 2 medication - one for acid which I must take daily. The other for wind when necessary. I had stopped the wind meds because it wrecked chaos on my sleep. Well, I took the wind meds again and as usual, I couldn't sleep through the night. I spend half the night awake and later in the day, I have to take a long nap. Having poor sleep for days has made me miserable. I can't wait for end November because that's when both my kids' exams are totally over and it doesn't matter what time I wake up.

The funny thing is despite all the chaos this week, I have been my most productive in a very long time. I spent most of my waking hours working on my bag pattern. And I have made so much progress. I am this close to finishing it. I showed hubs 3/4 of the bag I was making and he said it's beautiful. Did you hear that? He said IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

My dear friends, I am so proud of myself. Today would be 4 months since I have taken any panadol or pain medication. In the past, I would not endure any headaches or pain without reaching for a pill. Since panadol has no effect on my wind induced headaches plus the doctors have asked me not to take any pain meds if possible, I have been a model patient. Being able to work despite the headaches has been such a breakthrough for me. Sometimes I am so absorbed in my photographing or writing up the instructions, I actually forget I have a headache or a screwed up gut. Those moments are so sweet.

This week I tried one new food - oatmeal ramen. I find it incredibly hard to go through life without some kind of carbo. I'm sure this ramen gives me some wind but it's still less evil than a regular ramen.

I boil the ramen and mix it with some stir fries and salad. It really tastes like regular ramen.

My one goal next week is to exercise. And it would be sweet if I don't gain any more weight.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2