Monday, April 4, 2016

Goal for April

I have one goal for April. To get back my fitness. I am aiming for a minimum of 8,000 steps per day. However, I am really shooting for 10,000 steps a day. Realistically, I know 10,000 steps every day is impossible. There will be days when I am either too tired to go for a walk or I don't have the time.

Today is 4th April. My performance for the first 3 days of April has not been too bad. Saturday, after walking at the malls with hubs, we went home and I slept for hours. That's why I couldn't hit 10,000 steps. I need to be more vigilant if I want to hit 10,000 steps.

So why am I doing this? Well, it's important to keep fit as I grow older. In fact, it's more important to keep fit being middle-age. All kinds of shit starts happening to you once you hit 50. And being fitter will at least prevent more shit from happening to me. I am also hoping that doing this 8,000/10,000 steps will shave off 1 or 2 kg off my weight. Remember when I was slimmer? Remember? <sob> If I don't watch it, every bit of fat is coming back. The last reason is I have signed up for 5 runs this year. They are all 5km run and the first one is on 1st May. Every time I go for a organised run, I see how much fitter most runners are, it's depressing. I don't have to be a fast runner. I just don't want to be last.

I got myself all geared up for my new routine. Now when I go for my run, I go all togged up in real runner's outfit. In the past, I wore regular tees which aren't suitable for running because you stay hot and sweaty. My old shorts especially were horrible and my ass got sweaty as hell. I don't pespire much, unlike hubs who perspires everywhere. Just on my head and my armpits. However, my ass can sweat up a storm. In fact, throughout March when the daily temperature was between 32 to 34 deg C, my ass was constantly er... slippery.

This is where I run, next to the canal. Actually, running has brought forth another problem for me. Perhaps it's also due to impending menopause, I have had a large number of brown spots forming on my face. Perhaps I need to see a skin doctor. In the past I would run early in the morning or late in the evening. However due to my allergy to pollen, my doctor advised me to run later in the morning and earlier in the evening. This means, I run when the sun is out. Some days I wake up late and I still go running with nothing but a visor for protection. Anyway, the sun in March and April as well is way too hot. Even at home, I can feel the UV lights penetrating my skin. What to do? I guess I have to start applying sunblock. I have such a big problem with sunblock. Every brand I've tried either gives me a breakout or inflammation. How to choose? Brown spots or hedious swollen face? I guess I need to search the market again for new products to try. It's a real pain living with sensitive skin.

Where I go for my run, I usually see chameleons. On Sunday alone, I saw two. One actually stayed frozen in the middle of the track but by the time I fished out my phone, it had darted into the bushes. Can you spot the chameleon in the photo above? It has an unusual colour.

That's my goal for April. I hope I achieve it. Do you have any fitness goal?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great goal! As someone way past that 50 mark, you are doing the right thing. Good luck!

Tammy said...

I think I see that chameleon a little off center to the right. Cute.

I have the same problem about not being able to be out in the sun too much - I don't think there's anything to be done about it except that I just exercise indoors. If it's not the sun, it's allergies with all the pollen outdoors, or dogs chasing me that ruin it! But, have you ever tried - http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ to see what ingredients in sunblock are good/bad?...

I was curious what you use to count your steps, I may have missed it in a previous post, sorry if you mentioned it before. I can't say I have any fitness "goals" - except to keep moving and not be sedentary. I usually stand at my work computer instead of sitting all day & get to the gym to ride a stationary bicycle every other day for 30 minutes.

You look so amazing in your running outfit, really cute and fit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2